Recently I’ve noticed a trend where treats and snacks are served inside other edible goods. My first experience was a bowl of clam chowder soup served inside a bread bowl. Since then, I’ve seen bacon, chocolate and hollowed out apples used as a bowl. I’ve even seen eggs cooked inside other vegetables to give it a unique shape or extra flavour.
With the popularity of food and recipe sites and the explosion of ‘foodie’ culture on Instagram and Pinterest, I thought I would take a stab at compiling some of the more popular images floating around online. I’ve also tried to mix in a few delicious examples you may have not seen before. Bon appetit!
1. Bacon and Egg Cupcakes
2. Ice Cream with Brandy Caramel
Served Inside a Hollowed Out Apple
3. Portobello Mushroom Pizza
4. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Shot Glasses
5. Baked Avocado and Egg
6. Apple Pie Baked Inside an Apple
7. Ice Cream in Chocolate Cups
Made with Balloons
8. Raspberries Stuffed with Hershey’s Kisses
9. Caramel Apple Jello Shots
10. M&M Atop a Pretzel-Wrapped,
Melted Hershey’s Kiss
11. Eggs Cooked Inside Bell Peppers