2. Seriously. The majority of the most venomous snakes in the world can be found Down Under.
4. Even the cute, fluffy animals can tear you apart.
Flickr: kookr / Creative Commons
6. And this just breaks your heart.
7. Going to Bunnings when they’ve run out of sausages ruins the rest of your day.
8. Getting anywhere takes FOREVER. Public transport is the worst.
9. You can drive for over 10 hours and still be in the same freaking state.
FOX / Via Jenna Guillaume / BuzzFeed
10. And it can take longer to fly to other parts of Australia than it does to fly to a whole other country.
Flickr: emmettanderson / Creative
11. But then if you want to travel anywhere overseas that isn’t Middle Earth or Bali (for the 27th time), it’s going to take you approximately 11,765 hours to get there.
Universal Pictures / Via Jenna Guillaume / BuzzFeed
13. Actually, you’d better not be too fond of your money, coz everything is pretty expensive.
Working Dog / Via Jenna Guillaume / BuzzFeed
14. Don’t even think about ordering something from overseas, unless you want it sometime next year – or you really don’t need your money.
15. And that’s only if you’re lucky enough to find somewhere that will actually ship to this far-off, distant land.
16. The internet is dangerous territory when something big in pop culture land is happening, coz despite being in the future, Australia is generally behind.
Disney / Via quickmeme.com
18. Apparently, your definition of “World Tour” is not the same as your favourite band’s. Australia doesn’t even make the cut half the time.
19. Then there’s this.
At least Jon Stewart acknowledges your pain.
20. Worst of all is hearing about this magical thing called “Netflix” and knowing you can’t access it. Well, at least not legally.
Warner Bros / Via heckyeahreactiongifs.tumblr.com
Seriously, you take a population descended from thieves, restrict their access to all the cool things, and then tell them not to pirate.
21. Fangirl/boy problems aside, it’s pretty weird to be out of sync with most of your internet friends. Like, your nightblogging is everyone else’s normal blogging (and vice versa).
22. And people assume you can’t spell. But really, THEY can’t spell.
Flickr: ericajoy / Creative Commons
23. Sometimes you just plain can’t understand each other.
youtube.com / Via Jenna Guillaume – BuzzFeed
24. Abbreviations and slang can be especially tricky.
26. When many are celebrating a White Christmas, you’re too hot to even put a shirt on.
Admittedly, this isn’t really a problem, except you miss out on those fetching Christmas jumpers.
Flickr: allialli / Creative Commons
27. Despite everyone’s hilarious jokes, Arnold Schwarzenegger is still not Australian.
Flickr: fhk / Creative Commons
28. The weather varies between a drought and a flood.
29. But the absolute hardest part of living in Australia is being forced to take holidays because you’ve built up too much annual leave.
Channel 7 / Via Jenna Guillaume / BuzzFeed