Community Post: 11 Things Only Fangirls From The Southern Hemisphere Will Understand
1. You have woken up early before school/university/work to livestream a television show.
When an episode is airing at 7pm in America, that’s 7am in Western Australia, leading to many days of getting up a few hours early and putting your makeup on in front of your laptop so you don’t miss a second before rushing off to work. You might end up looking like this all day, but it’s totally worth it.
2. Because if you don’t livestream, the internet becomes a battlefield as you endeavour to avoid spoilers.
Be careful what you see on Facebook.
Because even if you’ve blacklisted every possible variation you can think of, at least one person on your dashboard isn’t tagging their shit and it is going to ruin your life.
3. When something big happens in a fandom, it usually feels a little bit like this.
Chances are you were asleep and you woke up to a shit storm.
4. “When someone from a different timezone is late night blogging and its daytime where you are.”
It’s not just your fandoms being screwed with, as this basically happens 90% of the time that you are awake.
5. Also, the rest of the world definitely can’t tell when you’re night blogging and when you’re just being Australian.
To be honest, some times I’m not too sure either.
6. But back to the fan girl life. This is what webjet looks like when you want to fly just about anywhere:
San Diego Comic Con? No problem. I’ll just spend more than a months pay on flights, and two days of my life in an airplane, just to get to America.
8. When Americans reminisce about the good ol’ days of Harry Potter midnight release parties.
Midnight release parties? Try 7am release parties. That weren’t actually parties. But just you dragging your parents to the bookstore to stand in line really early in the morning while passers by looked on in confusion.
9. Holiday themed episodes mean just about nothing to you.
Considering you don’t celebrate thanksgiving or halloween and when all those snowy Christmas episodes are playing, you’re most likely dressed like this, and dying of heat exhaustion.
10. Friends that don’t understand why you want to stay home all weekend.
Like apparently livestreaming an American talk show because Benedict Cumberbatch is appearing is a weird way to spend your time?
11. And finally, this.
Not fast enough Channel 10, not fast enough.