This 16-Year-Old Girl Is Live-Tweeting Gaza Under Attack
“I might die tonight.”
1. A 16-year-old girl living in Gaza is apparently using social media to document bombings near her home.
2. Although the posts aren’t geotagged, they appear to be legitimate.
7. She also posted several Vines that revealed what she was seeing and hearing.
Hugeee explosion now 1:39am #Gaza
Drones sound #Gaza 2:06am
Another HORRIBLE SHELL 2:11am #Gaza
Okay. The 8163662 bomb I could hear today! This is UNBELIEVABLE!! #Gaza 2:13am
Many ambulances now #Gaza
3:04am it should be too dark but as u can see flares turned darkness into light #Gaza
13. Farah wrote that she’s already lived through three wars, but that this has been the worst.
14. People on Twitter have been sending their support.
@Farah_Gazan thinking of you and hoping you will be safe. I'm so sorry.
I cannot imagine having the bravery or mental capacity, at just 16, to do what @Farah_Gazan is showing the world tonight. It's unfathomable.
@Farah_Gazan I wish so bad that this horror would stop. It is insane. People around the world feel love for you and others.
@farah_gazan god bless you guys and please, stay strong. i don't know what to say… if there's something i can do for you just let me know.
Reading @Farah_Gazan's tweets and thinking about the first time I read Anne Frank's diary
20. When questioned about why she was staying in her house, Farah revealed she couldn’t leave.
@waltygm trust me I cant move. They'll bomb me if I step the street
Not only my area is suffering of this night, all parts of #Gaza strip are hearing bombs and seeing flares, this is y we've no shelters
22. The 16-year-old has been posting regular updates about the conflict in Gaza over the last few weeks, and has made no secret of her apparent support for Hamas.
@AzulayRomond Hamas does it's best to defend us. It throws rockets to Israel