Twitchy is seeking a Twitter-savvy editor to play a major role in our U.S. Politics coverage. We seek a team player with excellent news judgment, outstanding writing skills, and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Specific duties include the following:
- identify newsworthy content from Twitter,
- write posts,
- manage placement of stories across Twitchy.com website,
- communicate with fellow editors to coordinate coverage, and
- maintain social media coverage of Twitchy’s politics coverage (e.g. by posting to our Twitter account).
- at least three years of politics-oriented blogging, journalism, or equivalent experience,
- impeccable grammar, punctuation, and spelling,
- detailed knowledge of U.S. politics,
- intense interest in Twitter and other social media,
- strong understanding of and appreciation for Twitchy’s mission, and the news judgment to identify stories that matter to Twitchy’s audience, and
- the ability to work quickly and independently.
Copy-editing or proofreading experience is not required but is a plus.
This is a work-from-home, telecommuting position.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter telling us why you should get the job to email@example.com.