Online marketing startup Curalate tracked the popularity of hundreds of thousands of images on Pinterest. Then they analyzed their data to see if they could come up with a list of attributes that the most popular pictures had in common.
According to their results, here is how to increase the odds of your photo being popular on Pinterest…
- Avoid human faces.
- Have a minimal background, ideally white.
- Include multiple dominant colors.
- Feature lots of red or orange.
- Use moderate light and color.
- Orient the image vertically with an aspect ration between 2:3 and 4:5.
So is there an example image that exemplifies these attributes?
Why, yes there is. This photo of “Aunt Peggy’s Cucumber, Tomato, and Onion Salad” from Paula Deen…
Read more analysis at Wired.